7th January 2018

I’m looking down on the new year and speculating. What’s going to happen, both politically and personally?  With Trump there’s a conflict in my mind. On the one hand writers like Wolffe paint him as totally incompetent, whilst I believe the President has achieved something wonderful and historic in recognising the incontestable: Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. (Just check the bible if you don’t agree!) On the 18th the French President will visit London and preach what Britain is doing wrong, but I’ve got a longer memory than that. Listen M. Macron: we saved you in ‘45. Theresa May should present him with a copy of my book Vichyssoise if he doesn’t believe her!  On a personal note, I seem to be unique in writing in every genre possible. Experts tell me I should stick to just one. But when did I ever listen to them? I am human, therefore I must follow my own heart. So this year my sequel in the travel/comedy genre is out in June, and - are you listening M Macron? - my new project is book 3 in my wartime noir thriller series called Locomotive. Watch this space.

No comments: